I follow a few bloggers who have declared a word for their year. I cannot recall what my word may have been last year, but this year it came to me quite quickly – MAINTAIN!
Here’s the story: Every new year brings this euphoric high. Of course, armed with this feeling, I was wondering how could I keep or maintain this attitude all year long. What helped with this belief was an Instagram post by one of my favorite bloggers/vloggers, @askproy, where she is doing #askproyselfloveproject. For January, she has encouraged her followers to post a selfie and attach a positive affirmation (I have yet to post my selfie). On this day, January 2nd, her statement was: I have come this far & I can keep going. She goes on to describe how we all make goals at the top of the year and then give up. She instructs to just take a moment, day, week, etc. at a time. My response was: My goal for this year is to keep this feeling all year long! And that’s when it hit me, the song lyrics of Jonathan McReynolds, Lord, Help me MAINTAIN!
Per my google search, Maintain is defined as:
- cause or enable (a condition or state of affairs) to continue
- It is my utmost desire to stay high all 365 (it’s already been a struggle!)
- provide with necessities for life or existence
- This is all God! But it also ties into a new venture I am exploring as well! WIN-WIN
- state something strongly to be the case; assert
- Now this one, it does not automatically come to mind when I think of maintain, but I declare/assert/affirm/avow/profess/claim/allege/contend with the notion that I will remain optimistic and motivated all year long.
But my visit to the hospital for some tests provided me with a 2nd word for 2018: HOPE. I was reminded that my God can use anyone at anytime to confirm something He planted in you. Words have power and actions carry weight.
I am moving confidently in my faith.
This is my scripture for the year: Psalm 16:5 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
5 The Lord is my chosen and assigned portion, my cup; You hold and maintain my lot.
I’m in a zone. Lord, Help me Maintain…
Give Love. Get Love.